From Kansas to L.A.
A journey of inspiration.

Live Food 101 is a place for people committed to putting fresh organic food, the best food into our bodies. I wish to share resources, knowledge, and opportunities to learn & experience all that we can. From home grown gardens and help of local organic farmers, we can have the best food on earth !
Join me on my journey to lose over 100 pounds on natural foods, with delicious easy recipes made with lots of love and every day foods .


My grandmother had a restaurant in her home, and my first job was being a car hop at A&W Root beer... I went on to study the food world and remained in the business professionally for over 25 yrs. I semi-retired and took on a new career helping people with pets find a great place to live in So. Cal. I can tell ya my life changed and my new desk job helped add on the pounds !

From Texas to the country in Kansas , & then off to the big city life here in L. A. , where art,culture, music, food and fashion rule , I have been transported into another world. But no matter where we come from we all have one thing in common, we all have to eat !

There is a new consciousness to start eating more healthy, which means more plant based foods. An awareness has come about that we want Big farmers to stop spraying our food with poisons , that organic foods are possible for the masses and we can feed ourselves and families the best foods possible . There is a better way to live. A better way to breathe, a better way to eat .
We are what we eat!
Review planned daily foods at the bottom to help see how the foods we food effect us in calories and nutrition . Remember to get moving, breathe deeply and love yourselves as you love your family and friends everyday!

Sunday, October 9, 2011


October

September flew by as fast as the in coming winds ...and October is already a week in .
As I catch up with my blogs , I am downloaded onto an exterior hard drive 958,803 items.
All my lectures, research, recipe hunts and don't forget new crafting ideas add up fast ! 



In September we move into a time of rapid transition. September is a time in nature for gathering the growth of summer. Farmers harvest their crops. Squirrels begin storing away nuts for the winter. 

The days start growing noticeably shorter in September and while there can still be intense heat the autumn chill can be felt as well. We make the transition from T-shirts to sweaters, from vacation plans to school plans and the new business cycle. 
Unknown



Since I last wrote 

Jennifer Cornbleet  from :  Raw Food Made Easy  ...  I love this book .
http://www.learnrawfood.com/recipes/comments/harvest_salad
 You can see Jennifer on you tube ! Great teacher . She  really does make it easy !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meals On Wheels  in my area is full and there is a waiting list to
even volunteer  ... so raising awareness and money always helps.
Be sure to spread the word in you area . 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.Feldenkrais.com   Method 48 Lesson CD came in the mail . You must look Bruce Holmes up.
My problem with going to the gym and even yoga is my body was so inflamed and 
tight from injuries over the last 4 yrs and no where able to stretch out til my doctor helped me . 
With Dr. Christine Kim, D.C., L.A.C. help in releasing water retention, stretching , ultra sounds , deep massage, acupuncture and chiropractic ... hey guess what my bursitis in my hip feels 80 % better ... I can get up without crying and my body is responding well to treatments . She has been a life saver after trying everything else. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also got :
Stretch out by DKSA at a local training store but you can get it on amazon.com $12 bucks.
 Check it out!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I sit so much at work and when I'm studying ...the trainer suggested a medi-pillow . You only
blow it up just enough to make you sit balanced , very little air it it ... it helped right away with my nerve problems . Also on Amazon $11.78 This seat cushion provides comfortable, stress free sitting with a gentle layer of air that helps eliminate pressure point

Genuine Corflex Medic-Air Seat Cushion 18" x 16"

by Corflex

Price:$11.78

Healthy & Happy  A new blog I came across
http://klynnewagner.weebly.com
Very inspiriting young lady , lost 100 pounds with the Green Smoothie Girls 12 Steps
Drink Your Way To Health !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another young lady that lost 100 in 6 months going raw :
http://rawfoods.purejeevan.com/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the holistic  health channel Veria.com  . The other day a lady was on there explaining she lost 180 by eating whatever she wanted , but she only eat when she was hungry and eat very very slowly , which gave her brain time to say I'm full . In other countries they have different saying ... example , in France they say , "I'm hungry ; then they will say I'm not hungry anymore ". In America we say, "I'm hungry ... but then we say I'm full !! "
Everybody is different and believe differently , so we must learn all we can and make our own choices what works best for us . 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Calories - How Much Do They Count
by Annemarie Colbin, Ph.D. 
I find the calorie concept cumbersome, user un-friendly, guilt-provoking, and complicated to apply. I personally have never felt it to be helpful in any way. I believe it has greatly contributed to the dysfunctional approach to eating of Western urban civilization, especially among women. It’s probably a good idea to apply it to chain restaurants and reduce the portions that have gotten so ridiculously super-sized in the past 20 years, but for general healthful eating, it’s not helpful because technically you could eat all your calories from ice cream and cookies, which is patently absurd. Therefore, I will remain with the approach we have been championing at the Natural Gourmet Institute for more than 30 years:

For healthful eating, consume, whole, fresh, natural, organic food, including whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, as well as wild ocean fish, organically raised eggs, poultry, and grass-fed beef if desired.
If you choose your food that way, your body will automatically eat the foods that give you the calories you need, and of course all the nutrients. It is the most user-friendly dietary system I have found, applicable at all times and to all cultures, and you can keep using it for the rest of your life.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Dear Friend  got Lyme Disease ! Look out it is on the raise ! 

New Tick-Borne Disease Is Discovered



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I received my copy of Food Matter DVD in the mail this week . I hope you all took advantage of the free viewing that was on the net. I wanted a copy to share with others , Great  movie  . A must see !!  Go to : www.FoodMatters.tv    "  Let Thy Food be thy Medicine. " 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favorite thing I got in the mail this week was from Mimi Kirk . Her new book 
Live Raw came with a cute little surprise . She included a necklace  inscribed green juice love yourself eat raw food be positive laugh a lot . Don't know if you know who Mimi is , but she is 72 years young now and
in the best shape of her life.  You can see you youtube or her website: youngrawfood.com
She is a great inspiration . Like Louis Hay I think  now in her 80's  they never stop learning .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have been feeling like a cold and sore throat coming on ... but we have been mega juicing and taking 2000 mg extra Vit C  Emerg C packets .. so far so good .
My poor juicers are going to wear out . At the farmers market yesterday I stocked up on greens I don't have growing myself like dalilion, tat choy, and some other green this lady talked my into but I forgot the name .. I'll have to take some new pictures  the next time I juice.
But it's working !! And lots of soups ! Lots of Veggie Soup , This morning was fresh butternut squash soup and this afternoon I made mushroom barley with lots of veggie ... for the next couple of days . They always taste better the next day . Tortilla soup for dinner ... lots of peppers ought to kill that sore throat!!!  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The kids are coming to visit from our B.D.'s on the 21th . I am excited to share my garden and
cooking and juicing knowledge that I have been learning . We'll get some sewing and crafting in too ! We have tickets to go see a show in Hollywood  Cirque Du Soleil and a dinner cruise in Long Beach if the weather holds up .. and October Fest will be somewhere in the plans ... I can't wait . It will be really fun !!! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






The Garden


                                     NEW GREEN BEANS AND SQUASH AND A FEW
                                          SELF STARTING CORN. 
                                           THE LAST CROP ! I am still getting tons of veggies
                                            from the garden . 



                                           I love this time of year when it starts cooling down.
                                         My husband says I make the best soups ! A some
                                        of my fans are asking about a cook book  !   .....

                                         
                                         Don't know if these mini watermelons will make it
                                         in time ! They are so cute ! 


                                                         Yummy watermelon from the farmers market .. I juiced it with lime
                                                        and added cinnamon and tumeric ! yumo !!! 




                                                         From our neighbors trees persimmons and pomegranates
                                                          and don't forget to juice the  Vit C  big time during cold and flu season ! 

Til next time !  Lots of Hugs and Kisses !

God Bless Us All  with Peace On Earth 


Love is created through forgiving. The more forgiveness you give to others, the more forgiveness will return to you. Then more love will grow within you, within the other person too and within our world. This is the environment we were meant to live in." Born a Healer pg 131 

-Master Chunyi Lin from Born A Healer 





No comments:

Post a Comment


1001 vegetarian recipes

1001 vegetarian recipes
click on photo

My Homemade Raw Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie

My Homemade Raw Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie
click on photo for recipe that I added puree yams

Harvest Time Nothing Better Than Fresh!

Harvest Time Nothing Better Than Fresh!
click on photo

Click Photo for recipes